Elizabeth Smither’s latest collection of poetry is Red Shoes (Godwit: Te Mata Poet Laureate 3). Her novel, The sea between us was shortlisted for the 2004 Montana fiction award.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Son surviving a car crash in Sport 25: Spring 2000
- To Finn, before he walks in Sport 25: Spring 2000
- The Lark Quartet in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
- A Stone Armadillo in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
- An inept grandmother walks the floor in Sport 25: Spring 2000
- My Mother Looking at Stars in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
- Stars in Sport 25: Spring 2000
- Reading a collection of poems marked by a previous reader in Sport 25: Spring 2000
- A Man Walking in White Shoes in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
- A Birdless Tree in Sport 16: Autumn 1996
- Death’s web in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- Undoing a formal bouquet in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- Music withholding its theme in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- To Mai, a month after her death in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- Girl on a bicycle in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- Tony Hoagland farewells the poets in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- The nurses are coming in Sport 38: Winter 2010
- Dégustation Domestique in Sport 9: Spring 1992
- Bedazzled by Nuns in Sport 4: Autumn 1990
- Extravagance in Sport 10: Autumn 1993
- Punk girl sketching the Parthenon frieze in Sport 3: Spring 1989
- Effleurage in Sport 3: Spring 1989
- My mother visits me in hospital in Sport 41: 2013
- The Tudor Style in Sport 8: Autumn 1992
- Buying a corset with my mother in Sport 35: Winter 2007
- The servants’ quarters in Queen Mary’s dolls house in Sport 7: Winter 1991
- The butterfly girl in Sport 7: Winter 1991
- From a ha-ha to a cemetery in Sport 14: Autumn 1995
- Niagara Falls by Thomas Chambers, 19th century American, The Wadsworth Atheneum in Sport 14: Autumn 1995
- Thin Green Beans in Sport 21: Spring 1998
- The Sloth in Sport 19: Lightworks
- Missy in Sport 13 Spring 1994
- Head or Hat? in Sport 9: Spring 1992
- Sleeping on a Waterbed in Sport 28: Autumn 2002
- Smoking with Carol in Sport 28: Autumn 2002
- Silver Mirror with Cupids in Sport 28: Autumn 2002
- Barbara and the Restaurant Bill in Sport 28: Autumn 2002
- The Year of Adverbs in Sport 32: Summer 2004
- Please fill your pyx in Sport 23: Spring 1999
- Merci d’exister: a French lesson in Sport 39: 2011
- The birth dressing gown in Sport 39: 2011
- Engageantes = detachable sleeves in Sport 39: 2011
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Elizabeth Smither as: "Elizabeth Smither". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Elizabeth Smither":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.