Marty Smith is an ex-trackwork rider who has attended Poetry Workshops at the IIML with Greg O’Brien and Shannon Welch. This year, with the help of Damien Wilkins and the MA class, she has been writing a collection of poetry.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The only lady photographer in Sport 43: 2015
- The unforgiven grandmother in Sport 37: Winter 2009
- Hat in Sport 37: Winter 2009
- We are allowed to visit at Christmas time (not on Christmas Day) in Sport 37: Winter 2009
- [A poem by Marty Smith] in Sport 33: Spring 2005
- our lost intimacy with horses in Sport 33: Spring 2005
- Emphysema for Aunty Gwen in Sport 39: 2011
- because I am short-sighted the distance shimmers in Sport 41: 2013
- Dawn horses in Sport 40: 2012
- Tell the horses not to be angry in Sport 40: 2012
- Dad’s horses in Sport 40: 2012
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Marty Smith as: "Marty Smith". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Marty Smith":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.