Hinemoana Baker is a writer, radio producer and singer-songwriter living on Wellington's Kapiti Coast. Her first collection of poetry, matuhi | needle, (Victoria University Press/Perceval Press) was launched in October 2004. Read more about her at: www.hinemoana.co.nz Thanks to Radio New Zealand and Jason McClelland for the recording of her poem.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The details of her nightmares in Sport 34: Winter 2006
- One in Sport 34: Winter 2006
- The Garden in Sport 15: white horse black dog
- To my mother’s surgeon in Sport 36: Winter 2008
- The fossils in Sport 36: Winter 2008
- What the destination has to offer in Sport 36: Winter 2008
- Liver in Sport 31: Spring 2003
- One Missed Call in Sport 32: Summer 2004
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Hinemoana Baker as: "Hinemoana Baker". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Hinemoana Baker":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.