Author and academic. Formerly Professor of English at the University of Otago.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The ‘strangely curious career’ of Philiberta: a ‘lost’ New Zealand novel in Kōtare 1998, Volume One, Number One
- Myth and Anti-myth in Literary Responses to the Centennial in Creating a National Spirit: Celebrating New Zealand's Centennial
- ‘Mulgan, Marris, Schroder’: Repudiating the literary establishment in A Book in the Hand: Essays on the History of the Book in New Zealand
- Frank Sargeson, 1903–1982 in Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Two: ‘Early Male Prose Writers’
- Roderick Finlayson, 1904–1992 in Kōtare 2008, Special Issue — Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography Series Two: ‘Early Male Prose Writers’
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Lawrence Jones as: "Lawrence Jones". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Lawrence Jones":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.