Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Extinction and Endemism in New Zealand Land Birds in Tuatara: Volume 17, Issue 1, May 1969
- The Affinities and Derivation of the New Zealand Fresh-Water Fish Fauna in Tuatara: Volume 12, Issue 2, July 1964
- A Consideration of the Question ‘What are Whitebait?’ in Tuatara: Volume 12, Issue 3, November 1964
- Further Observations on Galaxias Whitebait and their relation to the distribution of the Galaxiidae in Tuatara: Volume 14, Issue 1, April 1966
- A guide to the identification of New Zealand fresh-water fishes in Tuatara: Volume 14, Issue 2, July 1966
- Lunar Rhythms in Aquatic Animals: A General Review in Tuatara: Volume 17, Issue 3, December 1969
- Zoogeography and Taxonomy in Tuatara: Volume 20, Issue 2, March 1973
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for R. M. McDowall as: "R. M. McDowall". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "R. M. McDowall":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.