Also known as: Daniel Charles Solander.
Botanist. Sailed with Cook's first expedition, 1768-1771.
Subject of Texts
- A Synopsis of the Ticks (Acarina: Ixodoidea) of New Zealand
- Food-Plants of ‘Monarch’ Butterfly Larvae
- Keys to New Zealand Lichens—Part 3
- New Zealand Land Slugs—Part 2
- Review: General and Comparative Endocrinology
- Review: “A Catalogue and Reclassification of the Indo-Australian Ichneumonidae”
- Rotary Ambulations of Hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus)
- Solander — His Influence On New Zealand Botany
- Starfishes of New Zealand — A Correction
- The Plant Cell Wall
- The Root Habit of Some New Zealand Plants
- The Terrestrial Plankton
- The Vegetation of the Wairarapa in Mid-Nineteenth Century
- The Wandering Scholars
- Tuatara: Volume 11, Issue 2, June 1963
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Daniel Carlsson Solander as: "Daniel Carlsson Solander", "Daniel Charles Solander". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Daniel Carlsson Solander":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.