Also known as: Kawana Paraone; Governor Browne; Sir Thomas Gore Browne.
Soldier, colonial governor.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Notes on Sir William Martin’s Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
- Printed form letter, 5 April 1858, on fighting between Ihāia and Wiremu Kīngi
- [Printed letter, April 1860, about Wiremu Kīngi and the Waitara dispute]
- Ko ta te Kawana korero ki nga rangatira Maori i huihui ki Waitemata i te 10 o nga ra o Hurae, 1860
- He whakapuakanga tenei na Te Kawana, he whakamaramatanga i ana tikanga kei rapu he te whakaaro o te tangata
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Colonel Thomas Robert Gore Browne as: "Colonel Thomas Robert Gore Browne", "Kawana Paraone"; "Governor Browne"; "Sir Thomas Gore Browne". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Colonel Thomas Robert Gore Browne":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.