Samoan-born novelist, poet, and academic. Formerly Professor of English at the University of Auckland.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The Cross of Soot in Experiment 8
- These Sea-Chained Islands in Experiment 10
- A Memory in Experiment 7
- Ever So Maybe in Experiment 7
- “The Bayonet” in Experiment 10
- The Exile in Experiment 9
- A Second Christ? in Experiment 8
- Nightflight in Sport 3: Spring 1989
- He Never Once Lost His Way in Salient. Victoria University Student Newspaper. Volume 37, Number 2. 13th March 1974
- ‘Guardians and Wards’ : (A study of the origins, causes, and the first two years of the Mau in Western Samoa.)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Albert Wendt as: "Albert Wendt". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Albert Wendt":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.