Missionary, magistrate, schoolmaster
Spouses: Jane Kendall
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Letter from Thomas Kendall to Samuel Marsden, [n.d., c. 1819], quoted in Chapter II
- Letter from Thomas Kendall to Baron Charles de Thierry, 2 December, 1822, quoted in Chapter Four — Nobody is Bored in Cambridge
- Letter from Thomas Kendall to John Gare Butler, September 28th, 1822, quoted in Chapter VI
- A Grammar and Vocabulary of the Language of New Zealand.
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Thomas Kendall as: "Thomas Kendall". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Thomas Kendall":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.