Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The harmony of the Gospel narratives of the Resurrection of Jesus the Christ; a reply to lectures of Mr Robert Stout. Read to the Young Men’s Christian Association, on Thursday evening, July 21, 188 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 40
- How the Editor of the “Timaru Herald” Promotes and Fosters Timaru Institutions ... Timaru, October, 1883 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 65
- The law and the liquor traffic; a lecture… in the hall of the Wesleyan Church, Dunedin, on Friday, 11th November, 1810 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 18
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Reverend William Gillies as: "Reverend William Gillies". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Reverend William Gillies":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.