Principal Agent for the New Zealand Company.
- A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.
No. 7. — Copy of the New Zealand Company's Second Deed of Purchase, including the Nelson District. Dated 25th October, 1839
No. 8. — Copy of the New Zealand Company's Third Deed of Purchase from the Natives. — Dated 8th November, 1839
No. 10. — Copy of Deed of Release signed by the Natives of Whakapuaka, in relinquishment of their claims to Land at Whakatu (Nelson), Waimea, Moutere, Riwaka, Taitapu (Massacre Bay), exeepting their Pas, Cultivations, and Burial-places, to the New Zealand Company
No. 11. — Copy of Deed of Release signed by the Ngatiawa Natives, on relinquishment of their claims to Land at Whakatu (Nelson), Waimea, Moutere, Riwaka, Taitapu (Massacre Bay), excepting their Pas, Cultivations, and Burial-Places, to be the New Zealand Company
Copy of Deed or Release signed by the Natives of Motueka, in relinquishment of-their claims to Land at Whakatu (Nelson), Waimea, Moutere, Motuaka, Riwaka, Taitapu (Massacre Bay), excepting their Pas, Cultivations and Burial-places, to the New Zealand Company
No. 3. — Mr. William Wakefield, Agent of the New Zealand Company, to Mr. J. J. Symonds
[deed of sale]
[deed of sale]
[Statement of William Wakefield]
Enclosure 2 in No. 1. — Ngaitahu Purchase
- A Compendium of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs in the South Island. Volume Two.
- A Life of J. C. Beaglehole: New Zealand Scholar
- An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand
- A Romance of Lake Wakatipu
- Aureretanga: Groans of the Maoris
- Earliest New Zealand
- Early Wellington
- Exotic Intruders
- He petihona na Ngaitahu ki te Paremata o Nu Tireni [Petition seeking redress for the injustices of South Island land transactions]
- History and traditions of the Maoris of the West Coast, North Island of New Zealand, prior to 1840
- Important Judgments: Delivered in the Compensation Court and Native Land Court. 1866–1879.
- Land purchases, Middle Island : in continuation of paper G. 6, 1874, presented 29th July, 1874 : presented to both Houses of the General Assembly by command of His Excellency
- Letters and Art in New Zealand
- Maori and Missionary: Early Christian Missions in the South Island of New Zealand
- Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two
- Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims
- New Zealand and the War.
- New Zealand Now
- Notes on Sir William Martin's Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
- Octavius Hadfield
- Sir Donald Maclean
- The Ancient History of the Maori, His Mythology and Traditions: Tai-Nui. [Vol. VI]
- The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
- The Exploration of New Zealand
- The Farmer in New Zealand
- The Jubilee History of Nelson: From 1842 to 1892.
- The Maori Situation
- The New Zealand Evangelist
- The Old Whaling Days
- The Women of New Zealand
- White Wings Vol II. Founding Of The Provinces And Old-Time Shipping. Passenger Ships From 1840 To 1885
For several reasons, including lack of resource and
inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a
topic often involves searching. Search for Lieutenant Colonel William Hayward Wakefield as: "Lieutenant Colonel William Hayward Wakefield". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Lieutenant Colonel William Hayward Wakefield":