- Annandale Past and Present 1839-1900
- Birds of the Water Wood & Waste
- Cheerful Yesterdays
- Early Wellington
- England and the Maori Wars
- Fairy Folk Tales of the Maori
- First Lessons in Maori
- Hawaiki: The Original Home of the Maori; with a Sketch of Polynesian History
- Life and Work of Samuel Marsden
- Life of Sir George Grey: Governor, High commissioner, and Premier. An Historical Biography.
- Maori Pronunciation and the Evolution of Written Maori
- Maori Wars of the Nineteenth Century:
- Murihiku: A History of the South Island of New Zealand and the Islands Adjacent and Lying to the South, from 1642 to 1835
- New Zealand Artillery in the Field, 1914-18
- Official War History of the Wellington Mounted Rifles Regiment 1914-1919
- Pioneering the Pumice
- Regimental History of New Zealand Cyclist Corps in The Great War 1914-1918
- Rifle and Tomahawk
- Sketches of Early Colonisation in New Zealand and its Phases of Contact with the Maori Race
- Some Folk-Songs and Myths From Samoa
- Some Interesting Occurrences in Early Auckland: City and Provinces
- The Adventures of Kimble Bent
- The Auckland Regiment
- The Cultivation of New Zealand Plants
- The Early Canterbury Runs: Containing the First, Second and Third (new) Series
- The Greenstone Door
- The History of the Canterbury Regiment, N.Z.E.F. 1914 - 1919
- The Land of The Lost
- The Life and Work of Richard John Seddon
- The Maori: Yesterday and To-day
- The Mounted Riflemen in Sinai and Palestine: The Story of New Zealand's Crusaders
- The New Zealand Division 1916 - 1919: A Popular History Based on Official Records
- The New Zealanders at Gallipoli
- The New Zealanders in Sinai and Palestine
- The New Zealand Medical Service in the Great War 1914-1918
- The Old Whaling Days
- The Pa Maori
- The Story of a New Zealand River
- The War Effort of New Zealand
- The Whaling Journal of Captain W. B. Rhodes: Barque Australian of Sydney 1836 - 1838
- Through Ninety Years
- Vikings of the Sunrise
- War Economy Recipe Book
- William Rolleston : a New Zealand statesman
- With the Machine Gunners in France and Palestine
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Whitcombe and Tombs Limited as: "Whitcombe and Tombs Limited". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Whitcombe and Tombs Limited":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.